Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Charlevoix, Michigan

My weekend up in Charlevoix for the Summer Solstice Art Show was beautiful. Even through it rained a bit on Sunday, the weekend was still was nice. I fortunately was able stay with my good friend Brittany and she was able to show me around the Charlevoix and Petoskey area. I had a great time meeting everyone who came out to the Summer Solstice Art Show, and was pleased to share my work. I meet so many people from different places. It is interesting to hear everyone's unique story. Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. It makes me happy to that I can connect with others through my work.

After conversing with a nice couple about my ArtPize entry, Painting Michigan, they suggested to go to North Point Park along the outskirts of Charlevoix, and I am glad that I took their suggestion. I easily found a perfect view to create one of my pieces for the entry. Seagulls, swallows and butterflies all were playfully flying amongst the scene while I was painting in the sun. In my painting, I captured seagulls taking a dip in Lake Michigan, along with the swallows that kept flying across the sky. 

It is so interesting to see how vast our landscape is here in Michigan, and I can't wait to capture some of our state's variations through my paintings. I now have two complete. Only ten more to go. I hope you can view my complete ArtPrize entry this fall in the Park Church across the street from the downtown Grand Rapids Library.


View from the art fair
Sunset in Petoskey
Trail at North Point Park




My second piece for Painting Michigan.









No comments:

Post a Comment